Monday, March 13, 2017

farmhouse-ish style


 Farmhouse-ish Style 
I have a hard time discerning between what elements I use that are considered "farmhouse" and which ones are considered "cottage." I guess my style is just considered "eclectic." I am not sure exactly what that means either- I just know what I like and I make it work! I definitely like a lot of white and  neutrals.(much like my wardrobe) This post was inspired by:


 I posted the above picture some months ago on my facebook saying how cute it is- i found it on Pinterest, of course....


 Fast forward to last week and my lifelong friend Jen shows up with a gift for me! She made a set for me and a set for herself! I think she did an amazing job, dont you?


 I had other things on this table and had been wanting to switch it up- so perfect timing since I needed
to make a spot for these cuties! My dad makes these beautiful tables from old barn wood- he usually uses large fence post logs for the legs-but he customized this one for me. I just adore white! The jars I had upcycled and featured in a previous post, I formerly had these jars as a centerpiece on my dining room table. My dad also made the cool piece above the table. I sent him a photo of something similar I had seen online or in a magazine- and poof! he made it for me! He's so talented!
(I will show you the cool wine glass holder he made me sometime)



 My friend Judy got me both the birdcage and the frame as gifts. I again,  had these  items in other places then put them together for this Vignette. Lots of times, "redecorating" for me is just re- arranging or reusing things I already have in a different way. Here's a closer view of the goods  I used for this look:



I loved being on the hunt for baskets that I thought would  fit in with the look I was trying to create.

I hope you liked  my latest post! I am always inspired by others decorating ideas- please leave comments or share pictures of your decorating/crafting inspirations!


No comments:

Post a Comment