I came up with this recipe when I ran out of rice to make stuffed peppers the way that I usually make them. All I had was couscous and the substitute was so delicious, I tweeked the recipe until I came up with this concotion! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
COUSCOUS STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS
6 whole green peppers
2 cups of water
1 cup of couscous
1 vegetarian vegetable bouillon cube
1 28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes, drained.
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese(plus a little for topping)
1 cup shredded mozzarella(plus a little for topping)
2 cups spaghetti or pizza sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
preheat oven to 375 degrees
1.boil 2 cups of water and add the vegetarian bouillon cube, follow package directions for cooking couscous
2. while the couscous is cooking, wash and core the green peppers and place peepers, open side up in a 9x12 baking dish.
3. when the couscous is finished cooking ad the tomatoes and both cheeses
4. stuff the peppers until almost full, to leave room for sauce and cheese topping
5. top with the sauce of your choice, cover and cook for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until peppers are soft when a fork is inserted.
6. sprinkle with desired amount of cheeses and put peppers back in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* peppers will be EXTREMELY hot, so be careful!
also, peppers freeze well for up to 6 months
ENJOY THE PEPPERY YUMMYNESS!!!!