Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Finally! I got these done!!!!! I got the idea for these in an issue of Country Living magazine.....i was just learning to do redwork and thought that this would be an amazing beginner project for me. It was so easy! I just traced the kids hands with their name and age in my handwriting(which makes them even more personal) onto white computer paper then traced the design onto muslin with a red colored pencil and voila! I had created my own redwork pattern!!! I am lucky and blessed that my dad made these frames, then framed them for me out of barn wood from their 1800s barn! which again, adds to the sentimental value of these.... so for about $2 each I have an heirloom!!!
These hands remind me of a song my mom used to sing to me and that I sing to my kids now:
I'll walk in the rain by your side, 
I'll cling to the warmth of your tiny hands
I'll do anything, to help you understand
I'll love you more than anybody can-
And the wind will whisper your name to me
Little birds will sing along in time
leaves will bow down, when you walk by
And the morning sun will shine...

reminds me that their hands only stay little for a season.... love to capture the memories and savor each one

something I thought to add.... on a related note, here are the redwork charms that I make and sell on my etsy shop: custom made for you!!!! www.recycledchick.etsy.com
Have a blessed day of making memories today!

1 comment:

  1. Love these! You did a great job! (I love my charm, too :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete